Monday, January 9, 2012

Cycling in the New Year


Welcome To the new year.  Ok, we have been in it for about a week or so, but I'm back from the holiday so being late does not count.  Anyway, it is now in the swing of the official winter season, and strangely winter forgot to show up here...






I am told it is on it's way, but for a January in Wisconsin, being able to go for a bike ride on a back road without worrying about ice, snow, or freezing to death, this is great.  I actually was able to go the other day wearing only a Columbia fleece zip up, and a warm hat (the wind is still cold on the ears).  Granted I'm not in any kind of training mode for this time of year, nor am I a competitor of any kind.  I am just your regular old guy that likes to ride a bike and has a chance to extend his season of joy.  

As far as getting into the shop for some necessary winter therapy, I am happy to postpone some projects for ride time.  The list of bikes to work on is long, and I'm sure there will be plenty of days to get to them soon.  In fact they are saying that the arctic bubble is shifting towards us now...yay.  At least I have new tires on the family van to face the snow when I have to make a parts run.

Hopefully there were a record number of kids of all ages (from the young to the young at heart) that received their bicycle dreams for Christmas.  Either a new bike, or those components to pimp up your favorite ride, there is always a welcome place for cycling in Christmas.  As for the New Year, I am sure I am not alone with resolutions on more saddle time, and a smaller butt to plant on that saddle.  By the way, I am still searching for that smaller butt, and am taking applications now (ages between 34-43, female that does not mind kids or a crazy guy like me).  I already have a number of bikes for said applicant, but some interest in riding them is preferred.  (This is not endorsed or sanctioned as a formal dating request and is subject to review by author).  

Yes, this is a plain little generic post today, but I am getting back into the swing of the keyboard for the new year, and wearing the finger nails back into nubs for that more familiar typing feel.  If you are receiving  the mild weather enjoy, it will not last.   So below are a few links dedicated to winter biking and how to gear up.  
Have a great ride!

http://bikewinter.org/
http://www.icebike.com/


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...