Thursday, July 7, 2011

Pop a Cap

Anyone that knows me fairly well, will tell you that i'm not much of a drinker.  Not that I do not partake, but not often and not much...It messes with my highly trained cyclists lean physique.   So we were in the hardware store, and I came across this bottle opener key chain (see left).  I bought two.  Obviously not for opening my regular brewski, or really to hold my keys (im not much for key bling).   More impulsive.  Now however, that impulse has led to a need to have a use for this opener.  I have a fridge in my shop for the water bottles, soda and energy drinks that maximize my riding performance, or make the day working in the shop on that vintage ride a little better with a cold drink.  It now has a greater purpose.  We went to the liquor store and promptly stocked up with appropriate fluids.  


Main Chamber
The door


You may notice from the pictures that this is a vintage fridge as well.  A 1965 Sears Coldspot.  If your concerned about energy efficiency, don't.  This bad boy uses less than my previous fridge of similar size and newer make.  It was a donation from a relative that upgraded their primary fridge and moved their other primary into secondary position.  Among its only problems is the freezer frosting up.  A little foam insulation paneling in the slot underneath the freezer, and bammo...no problems.  In addition, I promptly placed a sticker of a little green leaf in the corner of the door 's outside, just like the more "green" fridges have.  See if you can find my little bear bottle holder... that's bear, not beer...
This supply is enough to last me for a year, or more.  I'm sure I can convince friends to help out though.  From the occasional brew, or other concoction, my selection has greatly improved.  With the openers in hand, with that slick bike look, that micro brew, craft, or Guinness beer is just a simple pop away.  On the downside, I discovered that most of the beer I bought has twist offs....the story of my life.



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...